GOES Sea Surface Temperature: Publications
1. " Merchant, C.J., A. R. Harris, E. Maturi and S. Maccallum, 2005: Probabilistic physically based cloud screening of satellite infrared imagery for operational sea surface temperature retrieval" Q.J.R. Meteorology. Soc., 131, 2735-2755 (PDF).
2. " Merchant, C.J.,C.P. Old, S. MacCallum, 2004: Bayesian cloud screening for GOES 12: (PDF).
3. "Walton CC, Pichel WG, Sapper JF, May DA, 1998: The development and operational application of nonlinear algorithms for the measurement of sea surface temperatures with the NOAA polar-orbiting environmental satellites, J.G.R., 103: (C12) 27999-28012.
4. "Li, X., W. Pichel, E. Maturi, P. Clemente-Colon, and J. Sapper, 2001a: Deriving the operational nonlinear multichannel sea surface temperature algorithm coefficients for NOAA-15 AVHRR/3, International Journal of Remote Sensing, Volume 22, No. 4, 699 - 704.
5. "Li, X, W. Pichel, P. Clemente-Colon, V. Krasnopolsky, and J. Sapper, 2001b: Validation of coastal sea and lake surface temperature measurements derived from NOAA/AVHRR Data, International Journal of Remote Sensing, Vol. 22, No. 7, 1285-1303.