Satellite Oceanography & Climatology Division
Kent Hughes retired on May 30, 2014 after 43 years of government service.
U.S. Dept. of Commerce
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- National Environmental Satellite, Data, and Information Service (NESDIS)
- Center for Satellite Applications and Research
- Satellite Oceanography and Climatology Division
RA3, World Weather Building, Room 601,
5200 Auth Road, Camp Springs,
- B.A. (Biology), Univ. of Oregon, 1964;
- M.S. (Oceanography), Univ. of Washington, 1968.
- U.S. Naval Oceanographic Office, Pacific Support Group San Diego, CA, 1968-1969.
- Gulf General Atomic, San Diego, CA 1969-1970.
- Interstate Electronics, Corp, Anaheim, CA, 1969-1972.
Staff Oceanographer (coastal environmental monitoring)
- Office of Environmental Monitoring and Prediction, NOAA Headquarters, Rockville, MD, 1972-1978.
- U.S. National Oceanographic Data Center, Washington, DC, 1978-1990.
NOAA CoastWatch Program Manager
- NESDIS Center for Satellite Applications and Research, Camp Springs, MD, 1990 - present.
E-mail to: Kent.Hughes@noaa.gov