Register for the Symposium Today!
This year, the symposium will be webcast live. Registration is required for those planning to attend in person. Please register soon, as the 250-seat auditorium is typically filled to capacity. As of May 17, registration stands at 100 people.
Originating in 2001, this biennial symposium focuses on naval and other maritime operations in an "ice-free Arctic" and brings together experts on arctic marine operations, the environment, science, policy, law, and governance. High-level opening remarks are anticipated from members of the Alaska Congressional Delegation, NOAA, Navy, USCG, USARC, industry, and other representatives from the US, Arctic nations, and international community.
The symposium talks are arranged to cover three general topic areas:
- Latest research on observed and predicted changes in the Arctic sea ice environment
- Present and future impact of these changes on Arctic operations
- Emerging Arctic policy issues on national and international levels
2017 Symposium Information
- 6th Symposium Report, (PDF, 871 KB)
- Arctic Report Card: 2016 Update
- SWIPA Report, (PDF, 4.8 MB)
- 2015 6th Symposium
- 2013 5th Symposium
- 2011 4th Symposium
- 2009 3rd Symposium
- 2007 2nd Symposium
- Naval Operations in an Ice-Free Arctic Symposium - 2001 Final Report, (PDF, 837 KB)
- For more information, please contact:
Dr. Pablo Clemente-Colón or call Karen Black at 703-525-0111.