GSICS Coordination Center home page WMO Space Programme home page Coordination Group for Meteorological Satellites National Oceanographic & Atmospheric Administration website NOAA Center for Satellite Applications and Research website
Action Id Item Summary Lead What to Do Expected Completion Actual Completion Deliverable Usage Status
A.GUV.2019.8a.1     UVSG to participate in the planned GSICS Rayleigh calibration meeting, as this is relevant to their planned inter-calibration approaches.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GUV.2019.8b.2     Larry Flynn, NOAA, to investigate acquiring Mg II Index and Sun Spot time series as GSICS Deliverables. Due Dec. 2019.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GUV.2019.8i.1     Rose Munro, Eumetsat, to arrange a UVSG web meeting to further discuss specific opportunities and priorities for SWIR spectrometer inter-calibration within the frame of GISCS.       3/1/2020      Open  
R.GUV.2019.8i.1     The group recommends addressing the inter-calibration of SWIR spectrometers within the UVSG (to be renamed - see 8e.).       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GIR.2019.7e.1     Xu Liu to apply convolution error analysis to all ABI, MERSI and AGRI IR channels.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GIR.2019.7e.2     Xu Liu to work with NOAA and EUMETSAT to apply gap-filling method to extend IASI coverage for AVHRR and SLSTR SW channels.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GIR.2019.7g.1     Mitch Goldberg (NOAA) to confirm the person to provide NWP and SNO method results to IRRefUTable report.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GIR.2019.7g.2     Bill Bell (ECMWF) to consider providing results from ERA-5 to IRRefUtable report.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GIR.2019.7g.3     Mitch Goldberg will provide the document or information on CrIS operational data change during CrIS operational time.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GIR.2019.7i.1     Minju Gu (KMA) to tabulate CrIS double difference results before/after reprocessing to include in IRRefUTable.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GIR.2019.7i.2     Minju Gu (KMA) to check whether homogeneity tests limit cold end of dynamic range for WV and SWIR channels.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GIR.2019.7j.1     Likun Wang (NOAA) to check "massive means" method to compare CrIS on S-NPP and NOAA-20.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GIR.2019.7k.1     Fangfang Yu (NOAA) to generate RAC GSICS corrections for GOES-16 and -17 ABI.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GIR.2019.7m.1     Yusuke Yogo investigates the weighting regression when switching X and Y.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GIR.2019.7o.1     Fred to share conference presentation on ABI GEO-GEO comparisons at a web meeting.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GIR.2019.7s.1     Scott Hu (CMA) to propose a baseline GEO-GEO algorithm through a FY-2 and FY-4 inter-comparison as a demo.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GIR.2019.7u.1     Fangfang Yu (NOAA) to work with KMA to apply 3.9 micron cold bias analysis to AMI.       3/1/2020      Open  
D.GIR.2019.7g.1     It was agreed to use the period 2013-03/2017-03 for the initial IRRefUTable analysis to be performed in 2019, then aim to issue an update in late 2020 to include at least 1 year of data with IASI-C, N20/CrIS and HIRAS.       3/1/2020      Open  
D.GIR.2019.7k.1     All agencies to switch to IASI-B asap as Anchor reference for NRTC and RAC products.       3/1/2020      Open  
R.GVNIR.2019.3d.1     Dave Doelling (NASA) to clarify whether his concern or suggestion about SBAF has been fully addressed.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GDWG.2019.3h.2     ESA to recommend a member to GDWG.       3/1/2020  4/17/2019  Paolo Castracane nominated by ESA   Closed  
A.GDWG.2019.3l.1     GDWG to check how to split follow up actions between GDWG and GRWG to address the feedback.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GDWG.2019.6a.1     CMA to take a lead in bringing the synchronisation script into operations. Once it is done, the script can be rolled out to ISRO and NOAA.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GDWG.2019.6b.1     ROSHYDROMET to provide open access to their restricted areas on their website, to be discussed / confirmed in EP meeting.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GDWG.2019.6c.1     ESA to consider preparing a GSICS website. If possible, present in the next GSICS Annual meeting / web meeting. (Minimal contents for GSICS Website is noted on the Wiki, this content may be updated for ESA's case)       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GDWG.2019.6c.2     GDWG Vice Chair (Pete) to check if the procedure for GSICS member nomination is documented in the ToR and update if not.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GDWG.2019.6d.1     WMO to provide GDWG Chair with user manual for updating the WMO GSICS Portal and an account to familiarise with the system.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GDWG.2019.6d.2     GDWG Chair to propose how WMO GSICS Portal accounts are used based on the functionality implemented (updating logging, security concerns). The proposal is to be presented to GSICS EP for endorsement and documented in the ToR.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GDWG.2019.6e.1     GDWG Chair to report GDWG recommendation on GSICS SRF Conventions to EP for the endorsement and propose the update in ToR with this recommendation.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GDWG.2019.6e.2     WMO to provide a procedure for updating the Common Table C-13 of the WMO Manual on Codes to the GDWG Chair so that an addition of “SRF” string to the table can be performed.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GDWG.2019.6e.3     GDWG Chair to coordinate the proposed update to the Common Table C-13 of the WMO Manual on Codes (i.e. adding “SRF” string to the Data Designator table).       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GDWG.2019.6j.1     GDWG Chair to propose GSICS-EP the entity responsible for maintaining satellites/instruments Landing Pages.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GDWG.2019.6j.2     GDWG Chair to report GSICS-EP a recommendation of Event Logging Task Team to establish a Technical Team for further discussions at CGMS meetings.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GDWG.2019.6k.1     Fred Wu (NOAA) to consider alerting users of Calibration Event Log update.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GDWG.2019.6k.2     Fred Wu (NOAA) to consider linking Calibration Event Log to notifications of expected events such as the information provided by OSPO.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GDWG.2019.6n.1     GDWG chair to create GDWG GitHub repository link on GSICS Wiki.       3/1/2020  3/6/2019    Closed  
A.GDWG.2019.9b.1     ISRO to work with KMA to upload their Plotting Tool code and configuration onto GDWG GitHub repository.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GDWG.2019.9b.2     ISRO to work with CMA to synchronise their RAC products between their servers to validate the synchronisation scripts.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GDWG.2019.9b.3     ISRO with support from EUMETSAT to update their THREDDS configuration such that it is in-line with the other collaboration services.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GDWG.2019.9c.1     Peter Miu (EUMETSAT) to upload products synchronisation script to GitHub.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GDWG.2019.9c.2     Zhe Xu (CMA) and Peter Miu (EUMETSAT) to work on preparing a version of CMA source data down script for the users.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GDWG.2019.9d.1     NOAA to reconfigure their GSICS server to following the THREDDS structure as agreed by the GDWG members (see: http://gsics.eumetsat.int/thredds/catalog.html, http://gsics.nsmc.org.cn/thredds/cmaProducts.html, http://gsics.nsmc.org.cn/thredds/isroProducts.html )       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GDWG.2019.9d.2     NOAA to check the links on the WMO website. See: https://gsics.wmo.int/en/product-services-and-technical-information       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GDWG.2019.9k.1     GCC to present the options available for the Wiki migration to the GDWG members, and coordinate a way forward to present to the GSICS EP.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GDWG.2019.9l.1     GDWG Chair to provide GCC the updates for GSICS Action Tracker which was agreed at GDWG Web meeting in January 2019.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GDWG.2019.9p.1     Peter Miu (EUMETSAT) to provide a user guide for using the THREDDS system.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GDWG.2019.9p.2     GCC to provide EUMETSAT the download script for review to see if this can be provided to users to improve the downloading of GSICS products.       3/1/2020    Script provided for review and place on wiki   Closed  
A.GDWG.2019.9p.4     GCC to contact Ken Knapp to what website he is referring to regarding his comment on its for contributors and not users, and report this to the working group.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GDWG.2019.9p.5     GCC to confirm with the GRWG to release the next version of the product catalogue to address table concern from Ken.       3/1/2020      Open  
R.GDWG.2019.6a.1     GDWG members to allocate time to completing open actions in 2015-2018.       3/1/2020      Open  
R.GDWG.2019.6c.1     All GPRC website, Wiki and WMO administrators are requested to refer to the presentation (6c_GDWG_Baseline_Reviews_2019_KMA_jwoo.pptx) to update their websites.       3/1/2020      Open  
R.GDWG.2019.6m.1     WMO to consider the redesigning OSCAR/Space instrument pages (e.g. links to Landing Pages and instrument monitoring pages).       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GRWG.2019.2e.1     CNES to report on progress with Lunar thermal infrared model study by 2020 meeting.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GRWG.2019.3b.1     Scott Hu (CMA) to ensure that POC for SWTT from each agency be nominated.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GRWG2019.3m.1     Sirish Uprety (NOAA) to report back on outcome of comparison of VIIRS v2 versus NASA SIPS dataset.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GRWG2019.3n.1     Bill Bell (ECMWF) to clarify time scale with the partner agencies for input data needed for ERA-6 activities.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GRWG2019.3p.1     Fangfang Yu (NOAA) to set-up a web meeting to initiate a discussion on establishing a strawman algorithm for GEO-GEO inter-comparisons.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GRWG.2019.4i.1     present a request to LASP to provide a reference solar irradiance spectrum based on the TSIS project (a static and high resolution solar spectrum scaled to TSIS).       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GRWG.2019.4i.2     Dave Doelling (NASA) to organise a web meeting and invite LASP to discuss on the progress for establishing a high resolution solar spectrum based on TSIS, with an estimate of the associated uncertainties. This spectrum is to be used in the VNIR activities.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GRWG.2019.4v.1     Tom Stone (USGS) to organise a web meeting in conjunction with Seb Wagner in preparation of the next Lunar Cal workshop by the end of 2019       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GRWG.2019.4v.2     D. Doelling (NASA) to organise a web meeting on the DCC and the preparation of a paper.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GRWG.2019.8e.1     Rose Munro, EUMETSAT, to circulate additional ideas for new subgroup names.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GRWG.2019.8e.2     GRWG Chair to raise the proposal to rename the UVSG to the EP.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GRWG.2019.9e.1     Lin Chen (CMA) and Sebastien Wagner (EUMETSAT) to specify user requirements and use cases on Level-1 data subsets over PICS and SNO prediction, and present it to GRWG in order to see if this is useful for the supporting GPRC organisations.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GRWG.2019.9p.3     GRWG Chair to consider improving the GSICS inter-calibration coefficients because they are difficult for the user to apply these corrections.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GRWG.2019.10b.1     Scott Hu (CMA) to add one more objective in the lunar workshop that new measure (e.g. air-LUSI) can constrain the uncertainty of the lunar irradiance models.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GRWG.2019.10b.3     Scott Hu (CMA) to incorporate the comments and suggestions from the annual meeting in the report of the potential re-calibration/re-processing workshop to the EP.       3/1/2020      Open  
R.GRWG.2019.9b.1     CMA is encouraged to submit their existing calibration products to GPPA.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GCC.2019.3s.1     GCC ( Manik Bali) to provide a detailed list of entities that can be classified as potential deliverables to the GSICS community.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GMW.2019.3h.1     MWSG to consider use of GSICS netCDF format for SRFs.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GMW2019.3o.1     MWSG Chair to follow up the possibility to define best practices for the RTM inter-calibration method.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GMW.2019.5m.1     Bomin Sun (NOAA) to repeat analysis of time series with regular operational RS92 radiosondes and report comparison of results with those from GRUAN sondes.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GMW.2019.5n.1     Rachel Kroodsma (NASA) to contact Wes Berg about sharing ATBD and university code with CMA.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GMW.2019.5n.2     Shengli Wu (CMA) to attempt to apply X-Cal algorithms to MWRI and report on completeness of algorithm description (by 2019-09) and results (by 2020-03).       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GMW.2019.5n.3     Ralph Ferraro (NOAA) to re-send details of GPM X-Cal LUT deliverable to MWSG members for comment.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GMW.2019.5n.4     Isaac Moradi (UMD) to address large differences between N20 and snpp WV channels with LBL model and compare the massive ensemble over the tropic       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GMW.2019.5t.1     Manik Bali (NOAA) to circulate white paper on microwave imager inter-calibration to all agencies for review/contribution.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GMW.2019.5x.1     MWSG Chair to coordinate the development of a summary of the current status of MW sensor calibration methods (by sensor and frequency type), needs by product type, and provide a 3-year roadmap for developing GSICS MW calibration products.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GMW.2019.5y.1     Ralph, Qifeng, Tim, Manik to identify and confirm new co-chair by May 1.       3/1/2020      Open  
R.GMW.2019.3d.2     Ed Kim (NASA) to contact Masaya Takahashi about sharing SRF information in MWSG.       3/1/2020      Open  
R.GMW.2019.5j.1     Shengli Wu (CMA) to analyse SNOs as a function of radiance and latitude.       3/1/2020      Open  
D.GMW.2019.5n.1     GPM X-Cal to be accepted as GSICS Deliverables, subject to positive feedback on completeness of algorithm description. A full GSICS product would need uncertainties to be included.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GWG.2019.3t.1     Toshiyuki Kurino (WMO) to provide account access to update WMO GSICS website to GCC, GDWG and GRWG.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GWG.2019.5p.1     Mitch Goldberg (NOAA) to propose an international cooperation on sea ice products to CGMS.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GWG.2019.10g.2     Mitch Goldberg (NOAA) to discuss the need for uniform GSICS monitoring pages at the Executive Panel.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GWG.2019.10l.1     Dohyeong Kim (KMA) to plan to host GRWG/GDWG meeting in March 2020.       3/1/2020      Open  
A.GWG.2019.10l.2     Odele Coddington (LASP) to consider hosting GRWG/GDWG in 2021.       3/1/2020      Open  
R.GWG.2019.3h.1     GSICS members to provide SRF following GSICS Convention for link to GSICS and WMO OSCAR/Space.       3/1/2020      Open  
R.GWG.2019.3j.1     Rob Roebeling (EUMETSAT) to consider removing seasonal cycles from IOGEO time series in order to check the stability.       3/1/2020      Open  
D.GWG2019.3q.1     GSICS State of the observing system Reports should contain the following information: Mean Bias & SD - 1 year (or shorter in special cases) & Drift and Time series plots - full operational lifetime.       3/1/2020      Open  
 
Action Id Item Summary Lead What to Do Expected Completion Actual Completion Deliverable Usage Status
A.GUV.2018.6g.1     R. Munro to hold a UV Subgroup web meetings focused on a specific UV project topic during the coming six months.       3/1/2019      Open  
A.GUV.2018.6g.2     L. Flynn to provide information on the effect of dichroics on bandpass calculations.       3/1/2019      Open  
A.GUV.2018.6g.3     All members (UVSG Chair to coordinate) to find researchers interested in the four UV SG projects and invite them to future meetings as the agenda and their interests dictate.       3/1/2019      Open  
A.GIR.2018.3d.1     Likun Wang (NOAA) to coordinate routine comparisons of potential hyperspectral reference instruments (extended to include HIRAS) and report at annual meeting.       3/1/2019      Open  
A.GIR.2018.3j.1     Fangfang Yu (NOAA) and Masaya Takahashi (JMA) to investigate radiance dependence of ABI 3.9 micron channel.       3/1/2019  3/7/2019  See Fangfang Yu's Presentation at 2019 annual meeting   Closed  
A.GIR.2018.4b.1     Masaya Takahashi (JMA) to report double differences with of IASI and CrIS (using AHI).       3/1/2019  3/24/2018  JAM website reported CrIS and IASI double differences   closed  
A.GIR.2018.4b.2     Xu Na (CMA) to prepare ATBD and other information to submit to GCC for the demonstration FY-2 products.       3/1/2019      Open  
A.GIR.2018.4b.3     Manik Bali (NOAA) to follow on distribution of the ISRO correction coefficients to GSICS.       3/1/2019  5/1/2017  ISRO Product Accepted in GSICS   Closed  
A.GIR.2018.4c1     JMA (Masaya Takahashi) / CMA (Na Xu) to work together on making GEO-GEO inter-comparison, using IASI.       3/1/2019      Open  
A.GIR.2018.4c.2     Yusuke Yogo (JMA) to make comparisons between JMA SBAF and NASA SBAF tool.       3/1/2019      Open  
A.GIR.2018.4d.1     Na (CMA) to compare with the JMA gap filling methods. To report at the next web meeting in 2-3 months.       3/1/2019  6/5/2018  http://gsics.atmos.umd.edu/bin/view/Development/20180605   Closed  
A.GIR.2018.4d.2     Likun Wang (NOAA) to set up web meeting to discuss comparisons of gap-filling methods and plan way forward by June 2018.       3/1/2019  6/5/2018  http://gsics.atmos.umd.edu/bin/view/Development/20180605   Closed  
A.GIR.2018.4d.3     Hui Xu to apply gap-filling method to IASI following to previous comment (two IASI data wt/wo gap).       3/1/2019  6/5/2018  http://gsics.atmos.umd.edu/bin/view/Development/20180605   Closed  
A.GIR.2018.4f.1     CMA to apply Likun Wang’s collocation method to LEO-LEO cases.       3/1/2019  3/7/2019  See Hanlie Xu's Presentation at 2019 annual meeting   closed  
A.GIR.2018.4p.1     Tim Hewison (EUMETSAT) to organise a web meeting on IRRefUTable in September 2018.       3/1/2019  11/14/2018  Web meeting   Closed  
A.GIR.2018.4r.1     Likun Wang (NOAA) to work with CNES and EUMETSAT to document the best practice of IR hyperspectral sounding processing.       3/1/2019      Open  
A.GIR.2018.4t.1     Tim Hewison (EUMETSAT) to set up web meeting to review different GEO-LEO IR inter-calibration algorithm evolutions and invite Tim Trent to give update on results.       3/1/2019      Open  
D.GIR.2018.3d.1     Likun Wang nominated as new chair of IR Sub-Group.   Likun Wang     3/1/2019  3/28/2018  See minutes of 2018 Annual Meeting   Closed  
D.GIR.2018.4w.1     CrIS accepted as reference on the basis of positive answer to all the above questions.   Likun Wang     3/1/2019  3/28/2018  See minutes of 2018 Annual Meeting   closed  
A.GIR.20181114.1   Web Meeting   Tom Pagano to provide output of uncertainty analysis for v5 and v7 AIRS calibration averaged in radiance and spectral bins recommended for the IRRefU ´Table report.   Tom Pagano     3/1/2019  1/28/2019    Closed  
A.GIR.20181114.2   Web Meeting   Tim Hewison (EUMETSAT) to solicit available date ranges from IRRefUTable contributors, with the aim of finalising a decision by 2019-03-01.   Tim Hewison     3/1/2019  2/22/2019  by email   Closed  
A.GIR.20181114.3   Web Meeting   Manik Bali and Tim Hewison to draft a section of the IRRefUTable Report on the process of selecting a reference instrument.   Manik and Tim     3/1/2019      Open  
A.GVNIR.2018.7s.1     Bertrand Fougnie (EUMETSAT) to organize a web meeting before June 30 on Rayleigh scattering calibration.       3/1/2019      Open  
A.GVNIR.2018.7u.1     Dave Doelling (NASA) to review KMA's implementation of the DCC method.       3/1/2019      Open  
A.GVNIR.2018.7v.1     Dave Doelling (NASA) to set up web meeting by end April 2018 to select reference bands and calibration processing version for S-NPP/VIIRS reference dataset for DCC and lunar inter-calibration.       3/1/2019      Open  
A.GVNIR.2018.7v.2     Dave Doelling (NASA) to set up web meeting to plan journal paper on DCC method by end June 2018.       3/1/2019      Open  
A.GVNIR.2018.7v.3     Dave Doelling (NASA) to set up web meeting to discuss extension of DCC method to NIR by 28 Feb 2019       3/1/2019      Open  
A.GVNIR.2018.7v.5     Dave Doelling (NASA) to set up web meeting before 30 Sept 2018 to solicit inputs from all GPRCs on preferred sites to be characterised by CLARREO Pathfinder.       3/1/2019      Open  
R.GVNIR.2018.3e.1     When releasing new versions of reprocessed L1 data, GPRCs are recommended to consider whether a correction could be developed to approximate the changes from the previous version - and with level of uncertainty.       3/1/2019      Open  
A.GDWG.2018.5a.1   Actions Review   NOAA-GDWG( Bali) to propose updates to the Actions Tracker and GSICS User Messaging (GUM) service such that all GPRCs can use these applications.   NOAA   Configuration  3/1/2019    New features added 1.EP report parsing 2. hyperlink   Ongoing  
A.GDWG.2018.5a.2   Actions Review   Masaya Takahashi to upload the SRF format conversion script to GitHub.   JMA   Information  3/1/2019      Open  
A.GDWG.2018.5b.1   Baseline Review   Masaya Takahashi to update minimumn requirements for GPRC website and inform WMO of the changes required for their website; addition of ISRO website.   JMA   Information  3/1/2019  1/8/2019    Closed  
A.GDWG.2018.5c.1   GSICS Collaboration Servers   Peter Miu and Masaya Takahashi to organise a web meeting with ISRO and GDWG member to discuss bringing the ISRO server into the GSICS collaboration network.   EUM   Information  3/1/2019  4/18/2018    Closed  
A.GDWG.2018.5c.2   GSICS Collaboration Servers   GDWG members (Jin Woo, Masaya Takahashi, Peter Miu, Thomas Xu and Manik Bali) to specify the plan and take care of progressing GSICS products through the GPPA (Lead: GDWG Chair). The goal is to being existing GSICS products into operations as soon as possible.   JMA   Information  3/1/2019      Closed  
A.GDWG.2018.5c.3   GSICS Collaboration Servers   Peter Miu to specify a technical note to propose several methods for the implementation of passive and active GSICS products access service such as RSS on THREDDS. Technologies to consider should be available to all GPRC; RSS, EUMETSAT UNS, SMS, WeChat, …   EUM   Tech Support  3/1/2019      Open  
A.GDWG.2018.5c.4   GSICS Collaboration Servers   Peter Miu to update the GSICS product moving process on the EUMETSAT GSICS server to ignore products being uploaded with .TEMP, .temp, .etc. This is to avoid zero size products to be served to users.   EUM   Configuration  3/1/2019  2/5/2019  Comfirmed with Peter Miu   Closed  
A.GDWG.2018.5c.5   GSICS Collaboration Servers   Peter Miu to implement a product upload timer to provide a report on how long it takes to received products from the product producers.   EUM   Tech Support  3/1/2019      Open  
A.GDWG.2018.5d.1   GSICS Collaboration Servers   CMA and EUMETSAT to work together to synchronise GSICS products across the servers.   CMA/EUM   Implementation  3/1/2019  1/23/2019  EUM: provided Perl script in July 2018 CMA: reported test result in Jan 2019   Closed  
A.GDWG.2018.5d.2   GSICS Collaboration Servers   CMA to check if their NetCDF format checking tool can be shared in GSICS.   CMA/EUM   Analysis  3/1/2019      Open  
A.GDWG.2018.5j.1   Event Logging   Rob Roebeling to make a proposal for the WMO OSCAR/Space Instrument Pages for review by the GDWG so that a recommendation can be presented to WMO to improve the usability of these pages.   EUM   Information  3/1/2019  9/18/2018  Rob emailed Toshi   Closed  
A.GDWG.2018.5j.2   Event Logging   GDWG members to take the event logging white paper to see whether their organisation can do with regards to implementing such a system and report back to GDWG by 30 April 2018. Lead: GDWG Chair.   JMA   Analysis  3/1/2019  4/30/2018  EUM and JMA provided the feedbacks.   Closed  
A.GDWG.2018.5j.3   Event Logging   GDWG Chair/Vice Chair to prepare a reply to “R45.05: Calibration Events Logging Task Team be folded formed under GSICS as a task team” for CGMS-46. Reply shall be sent to Rob (team lead) for review and presented to the EP by GDWG chair. EP chair shall present the result to CGMS-46 in the dedicate GSICS presentation.   JMA   Information  3/1/2019  6/1/2018  Replied at GSICS-EP-19.   Closed  
A.GDWG.2018.8a.1   Action Tracking   Masaya Takahashi to update action identifier definition for GSICS-EP meetings.   JMA   Information  3/1/2019  6/1/2018  The format was presented at GSICS-EP-19.   Closed  
A.GDWG.2018.8a.2   Action Tracking   NOAA-GDWG (Manik Bali) to summarize action tracking tool on the Wik   NOAA   Information  3/1/2019  1/22/2019  ATWiki Page   Closed  
A.GDWG.2018.8a.3   Action Tracking   NOAA-GDWG (Manik Bali) to summarise current status of GSICS Wiki (e.g. server configuration, system requirements) and inform to W   NOAA   Information  3/1/2019    Exploring Third Pary Hosting   Closed  
A.GDWG.2018.8b.1   Requirements on GDWG Activities   Zhe Xu to provide their Data needs to GDWG chair for presenting to EP chair to present to CGMS to see if agencies can provision of support to this data exchange request.   CMA   Analysis  3/1/2019      Open  
A.GDWG.2018.8f.1   Instrment Performance Monitoring   Ninghai Sun to share their ICVS user manual with the GDWG members when it becomes available.   NOAA   Information  3/1/2019      Open  
A.GDWG.2018.8h.1   GDWG Chairing   GDWG Chair to propose a refinement of GDWG ToR to GSICS-EP.   JMA   Information  3/1/2019  6/1/2018  Approved at GSICS-EP-19.   Closed  
A.GDWG.2018.8i.1   GDWG Future Collaboration   Peter Miu to contact ISRO to discuss future collaboration through visiting data management expert exchange.   EUM   Information  3/1/2019  2/5/2019    Closed  
A.GDWG.2018.8k.1   GDWG Fact Sheet   Masaya Takahashi to circulate GDWG Fact Sheet to GDWG members to get feed backs and report to EP. Due by 19 May 2018.   JMA   Information  3/1/2019  6/1/2018  The feedback was reported at GSICS-EP-19.   Closed  
R.GDWG.2018.5g.1   GSICS Plotting Tool   EUMETSAT to take into account the use of GitHub for updating the Plotting Tool.   EUM   Implementation  3/1/2019      Open  
A.GRWG.2018.10e.1     Eric Shirley (NIST) should be the GSICS focal point on IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society/Standards Committee (GRSS/SC) is sponsoring a new standard: P4001 - Standards for Characterization and Calibration of UV-SWIR Hyperspectral Imaging Devices - and report back.       3/1/2019      Open  
A.GRWG.2018.10g.1     Tim Hewison (EUMETSAT) to setup planning web meeting for the workshop on CLARREO-like reference instruments by September 2018.       3/1/2019  9/13/2018  Web Meeting   Closed  
A.GRWG.2018.10a.1     JMA to provide the template to GRWG to define attributes to show instrument's radiometric performance in a short report that is to be prepared by satellite operators on an annual basis.       3/1/2019      Open  
A.GRWG.2018.10b.1     GRWG Chair to coordinate each agency to provide to define minimum information for performance monitoring “specification and requirements” by 15 May 2018.       3/1/2019      Open  
A.GRWG.2018.10k.1     Tim Hewison (EUMETSAT) to invite a member of the FIDUCEO project to attend the 2019 GSICS annual joint meeting.       3/1/2019  1/4/2019    Closed  
A.GRWG.2018.10l.1     Scott Hu (CMA) to propose a solution for the chairing of GRWG in time for the executive panel meeting.       3/1/2019      Open  
A.GRWG.2018.10m.1     GRWG chair to set up a web meeting to GEO-GEO comparison and contribution to IOGEO.       3/1/2019  5/8/2018  Web Meeting   Closed  
A.GRWG.2018.10m.2     Fred Wu (NOAA) to set up a web meeting for MTF characterization on the moon & invite IVOS to participate.       3/1/2019      Open  
A.GRWG.2018.10o.1     Tim Hewison (EUMETSAT) to check if remote access is available for the RTM workshop at JRC.       3/1/2019  4/1/2019  None available   Closed  
A.GRWG.2018.10o.2     Sebastien Wagner (EUMETSAT) to report on the RTM Workshop to the GSICS working groups.       3/1/2019  2/19/2019  Email to gsics-dev   Closed  
D.GRWG.2018.10l.1     Fangfang Yu (NOAA) was proposed and accepted as the vice-chair of the GRWG.       3/1/2019       
D.GRWG.2018.10l.2     Qifeng Lu was proposed and accepted as the vice-chair of the MW sub-group.       3/1/2019       
A.GCC.2018.2f.1     GCC to coordinate DCC Statistics from NASA to ISRO       3/1/2019  ISRO NASA Langley directly collaborated    Closed  
A.GCC.2018.3a.1     GCC-NOAA GDWG to propose improvements ( and provide prototype) in GSICS Product Catalog that can combine the plotting and data representation on the product catalog.       3/1/2019  Prototype here     Closed  
A.GCC.2018.3b.1     Manik Bali to set up web meeting in September 2108 to discuss requirements for sharing SNO predictions and/or tools.       3/1/2019  Wiki Details     Closed  
A.GCC.2018.10d.1     GCC to request the ESSIC/UMD to grant UMD-google accounts to the GSICS community for access.       3/1/2019  Denied    Closed  
A.GCC.2018.10d.2     GCC to explore access to UMD VPN by GSICS members.       3/1/2019  Denied    Closed  
A.GMW.2018.9a.1   MW CDR GSCIS product   Are diurncal cycle affects included in the NOAA MSU/AMSU CDR time series generated by NESDIS (Cheng-Zhi Zou)? If not, then its a candidate for a GSICS product.   Manik Bali   Information  10/1/2018  11/1/2018    Closed  
A.GMW.2018.9e.1   MW ISO   GSICS (C. Zou) and CEOS WGVC (X. Dong) to coordinate on best practice for MW Sensors and coordinate on the development of a MW ISO sensor document (similar to other wavelengths) lead by Dong’s group.   Cheng-Zhi Zou   Information  3/1/2019  1/17/2019    Closed  
A.GMW.2018.9g.1   MW GPSRO reference   GPSRO focal points (X. Zou/Lin and S. Hu) to further evaluate their results for effects of cloud water and cloud ice and report back to the group within 6 months.   Scott Hu   Analysis  10/1/2019      Open  
A.GMW.2018.9k.1   MW Best Practices   In order to determine best practice for pre and post-launch (include best practices for MW SNO inter-comparisons) best practices and share proposed best practices matrix with MW members and develop consensus.   Manik Bali   Information  10/1/2018      Open  
A.GMW.2018.9k.2   MW Best Practices   Manik will survey existing satellite operator monitoring pages and present finding within 6 months.   Manik Bali   Information  10/1/2018  10/1/2018    Closed  
A.GMW.2018.9k.3   MW Best Practices   Manik will ask around to find these websites and make them available.   Manik Bali   Information  10/1/2018  10/1/2018    Closed  
A.GMW.2018.9k.5   MW CDR as an in-orbit reference   To determine if the NOAA CDR (MSU/AMSU/ATMS) is a viable in-orbit reference, Zou and Bali will report back to the group after a forthcoming paper is published.   Cheng-Zhi Zou   Information  3/1/2019      Open  
A.GMW.2018.9l.1   MW in-orbit reference   Collect and document "best practices" from NASA GPM X-Cal group to see if GMI can serve as an in-orbit reference.   Ralph Ferraro   Information  12/31/2018  12/18/2018    Closed  
A.GMW.20180718.1   Web meeting   Manik to obtain and determine SNO parameters for all MW channels but also work with a smaller tiger team to plan some sensitivity studies for NRT vs. climate SNO.       3/1/2019      Open  
A.GMW.20180718.2   Web meeting   Tim and Qifeng to develop circulate strawman for MW imager NRT products and will present this at CEOS WGCV meeting at EUMETSAT in late August.       3/1/2019  8/29/2018  WGCV-44 Minutes   Closed  
A.GMW.20180718.3   Web meeting   Ralph to follow up with Mitch Goldberg (NOAA rep on CGMS and also GSICS EP chair) about expectations for the MW imager gap meeting.       3/1/2019  12/18/2018    Closed  
A.GMW.20180718.4   Web meeting   Qifeng and Cheng-Zhi to co-lead activities with WGCV/X. Dong.       3/1/2019      Open  
A.GMW.20180718.5   Web meeting   Bruno to provide the group with URL's for CLS sensor monitoring and relevant papers       3/1/2019  1/15/2019    Closed  
A.GWG.2018.1g.1     Fred Wu (NOAA) to discuss with CMA potential sharing of GOES-R field campaign data for TANSAT validation.       3/1/2019      Open  
A.GWG.2018.2f.1     Munn Shukla (ISRO) to update ISRO membership to WMO.       3/1/2019      Open  
A.GWG.2018.10i.1     IR Sub-group Chair to discuss Mitch's CGMS-46 Working Group Paper in the 2019 GSICS annual meeting.       3/1/2019      Open  
R.GWG.2018.1k.1     CMA to consider performing comparisons of MERSI and TanSat/ACGS.       3/1/2019      Open  
D.GWG.2018.3l.1     The group recognized the important role of GSICS to monitor the calibration of different reference instruments. Where these are stable, GSICS should aim to derive delta corrections to allow the traceable transfer of reference instruments for NRT applications.       3/1/2019       
R.GCC.20180602.2     GCC to relax the requirement of uncertainty analysis. This can be complimented by Impact Report showing impact of using Cross Calibration and due weighted should be given if Input L1B measurements are taken from Operational data processing streams of host agencies.   GCC     2019-31-05      Open  
A.GRWG.20180601.3     GRWG to develop a strategy, including the procedure and criteria, on how to handle the long-term drifts of individual instruments identified based on the analyses using GSICS approved approaches. This applies primarily to the VIS/NIRinstruments.   GRWGChair     2019-31-05      Open  
A.GCC.20180601.4     GCC to develop harmonized interface for the instrument performance monitoring website as a baseline for inquiring instrument status. Demo by ISRO   GCC/ISRO     2019-31-05      Open  
A.GRWG.20180601.5     GRWG to develop monitoring webpage to demonstrate instrument performance recalibrated after applying the GSICS correction   GRWGChair     2019-31-05      Open  
A.GEP.20180601.6     EP Chair to request ESA to become full member of GSICS   EP     2019-31-05      Open  
A.GEP.20180601.7     WMO to provide information on WMO cloud to NOAA- GDWG. Information sough includes (ability to upload GSICSproducts onto the WMO Cloud by members, ability to download data, disk space available and redundancy)   WMO     2019-31-05      Open  
A.GDWG.20180601.     Following A.GEP.20180601.7, NOAA to provide informationon Clouds available at NOAA and whether they can be used   NOAA/GDWG     2019-31-05      Open  
A.GCC.20180601.9     GCC to contact GRUAN POC in GSICS ( Tony/Ralph/Cheng-Zhi) to submit yearly updates on 3G (GRUAN-GSICS-GNSS) collaboration to EP   GCC     2019-31-05      Open  
A.GCC.20180601.10     ISRO to contact GCC to obtain knowledge on reading CrIS data to help them inter-calibrate INSAT with CrIS.   ISRO     2019-31-05    Reader Provided by Likun Wang to Nitant Dube/ISRO   Closed  
A.GCC.20180601.11     GCC to simplify and stream line GPPA checklist and share itwith members to fast track maturity; Start with KMA and JMA.   GCC     2019-31-05      Open  
A.GCC.20180601.12     GCC to provide recommendations on new processing and science maturity levels for GSICS products and services   GCC     2019-31-05      Open  
A.GEP.20180601.13     EP to Encourage submission of papers on GSICS in Joint NOAA EUMETSAT Conference to be organized around Oct2019 in Boston, USA   EP     2019-31-05      Open  
A.GRWG.20180601.14     GRWG to develop consensus on contents of intermediate collocation products to be shared with users   GRWG     2019-31-05      Open  
A.GRWG.20180601.15     GRWG to encourage GSICS Agencies to include CrIS in their GEO-LEO monitoring   GRWGChair     2019-31-05      Open  
A.GEP.20180601.16     EP to consider how to involve space weather in sub-group   EP     2019-31-05      Open  
A.GRWG.20180601.17     GRWG to review and update the GSICS document “Guide to GSICS Products and Services” to be referred in the WMO document “Guide to the WMO Integrated Global ObservingSystem (Guide to WIGOS)”   GRWGChair     2019-31-05      Open  
A.GRWG.20180601.18     GRWG to review and update the WMO CIMO Guide: PART III: SPACE-BASED OBSERVATIONS Chapter 6: Calibration and validation for emphasizing contribution of GSICS to space-based observation   GRWGChair     2019-31-05      Open  
A.GEP.20180601.19     EP to develop plan for side-events in CGMS Science WorkingGroup meetings   EP Chair     2019-31-05      Open  
R.GCC.20180602.1     GCC to relax the requirement of User Guide forclassical GSICS products   GCC     2019-31-05      Open  
R.GCC.20180602.2     GCC to relax the requirement of uncertainty analysis. This can be complimented by Impact Report showing impact of using Cross Calibration and due weighted should be given if Input L1B measurements are taken from Operational data processing streams of host agencies.   GCC     2019-31-05      Open  
 
Action Id Item Summary Lead What to Do Expected Completion Actual Completion Deliverable Usage Status
A.GRWG.2017.4c.1     Rose to investigate what tasks and tools are needed to pursue the work presented by Larry in the broader context of the UV Subgroup and in particular to identify resources needed with the aim of bringing this to the attention of the EP.   Rose Munro (EUMETSAT)     3/1/2018      Open  
A.GRWG.2017.7d.1     Larry to check the status of the GOES sounder product (demo?)   Larry Flynn (NOAA)     3/1/2018      Open  
A.GRWG.2017.7c.1     JMA to report at the next annual meeting on their investigations regarding the diurnal variation in AHI by using GEO-GEO approach.   Hidehiko Murata (JMA)           Open  
A.GRWG.2017.7c.2     CMA is encouraged to investigate GEO-GEO comparison. In particular because FY-2 is spinning and therefore is not impacted by midnight anomaly. This exercise would help correcting for the SL issues.   Xu Na (CMA)     3/1/2018      Open  
A.GRWG.2017.c.3     JMA to report at the next annual meeting on their uncertainty analysis in the gap filling method with AHI/AIRS.   Masaya Takahashi (JMA)     3/1/2018      Open  
A.GRWG.7cb.1     Aisheng (NASA) to get in touch with Chris Moeller to investigate the possibility to have a SRF shift and report back at the later stage (for both VIIRS and MODIS).   Aisheng Wu (NASA)     3/1/2018      Open  
R.GRWG.7bd.1     CMA (Na Hu) to prepare a report on the current work and to share it with the GRWG for feedback.   Xu Na (CMA)     3/1/2018      Open  
R.GRWG.2017.c.4     JMA to report at the next annual meeting on the double differences on the bias time series.   Masaya Takahashi (JMA)     3/1/2018      Open  
R.GRWG.2017.7cb.2     For MERSI-2, CMA is encouraged to perform similar analysis.   Ronghua Wu (CMA)     3/1/2018      Open  
A.GIR.2017.7d.1     Tony Reale (NOAA) to provide a draft uncertainty analysis describing the comparison of example (IR) instruments to GRUAN sondes by the next annual meeting.       3/1/2018    Work planned and is ongoing. GRUAN team are focusing on MW first   Open  
A.GIR.2017.7d.2     Steve Broberg (JPL) to provide the theoretical uncertainties on the temperatures reported in slide 10 be split according to the scene temperature and the channels and consider updating the analysis accordingly.       3/1/2018      Open  
A.GIR.2017.7f.1     CMA to review the input needed for the error budget and request those information to the vendor.       3/1/2018    CMA are preparing the error budget analysis and will present it in 2018   Open  
A.GIR.2017.7f.2     Fred Wu (NOAA) to explore the feasibility of retrieving SRFs using the method initiated by Manik Bali and report back.       3/1/2018    Fred plans to follow this up during 2018   Open  
A.GIR.20170627.1     Tim Hewison to set up web meeting to discuss IASI-A/B double differences and migration at end 2017.       12/1/2017  Web meeting held 2017-12-14    Closed  
A.GIR.20170627.2     Scott Hu (CMA) to nominate point of contact to contribute IASI-A/B double differences against FY-2/4.       3/1/2018  Discussed at 2018 meeting    Closed  
A.GIR.20170627.3     Tim Hewison (EUMETSAT) to consider inclusion of SLSTR results in IASI-A/B double difference analysis.       3/1/2018  Considered, but will be reported separately.    Closed  
A.GIR.20170627.4     Tim Hewison (EUMETSAT) to add CMA, JMA, NOAA and KMA contributors as authors to Traceability Report and export to ZoHo and circulate.       3/1/2018  Discussed at 2018 meeting    Closed  
R.GIR.2017.7b.1     KMA to assess uncertainties in double differences between COMS/MI and IASI-A and -B (e.g. as standard error).       3/1/2018  Presented at 2019 meeting    Closed  
R.GIR.2017.7a.1     CMA are encouraged to analyse the results under different conditions to understand the level of WV contamination on the SRFs. the level of contamination by comparing results in different conditions, and recommend the nominal SRFs accordingly.       3/1/2018       
A.GVNIR.2017.8f.1     Seb to contact ICWG via Andy to evaluate re-calibrated MSG reflectance data.       3/1/2018      Open  
A.GVNIR.2017.8h.1     NOAA(Fred Wu) to solicit lunar images from the lunar calibration community to test evaluation of MTF.       3/1/2018      Closed  
A.GVNIR.2017.8h.2     Tom will inform Arata of some publication.       3/1/2018      Open  
A.GVNIR.2017.8ha.1     EUM(Seb) to arrange web meeting in April to finalise date and venue for lunar calibration workshop.       3/1/2018  4/26/2017    Closed  
A.GVNIR.2017.8u.1     NASA(Raj) to provide SBAF for each GEO imager based on VIIRS v2. Target date 30 May 2017. 2 Web meetings Implementation of DCC mode method and writing journal paper by early 2018.       3/1/2018      Open  
R.GVNIR.2017.8c.1     IMD to contact USGS and EUMETSAT for support in processing INSAT-3D Moon images.       3/1/2018      Open  
R.GVNIR.2017.8c.2     IMD to attend 2017 Lunar Calibration Workshop.       3/1/2018      Open  
D.GVNIR.2017.8u.1     We start now with S-NPP/VIIRS as inter-calibration reference.       3/1/2018      Open  
A.GDWG.2017.5a.1   Baseline Review   All GPRCs to update the URLs of NOAA and ISRO websites.   KMA   Information  12/31/2017  3/21/2018    Closed  
A.GDWG.2017.5a.2   Baseline Review   CMA to add a link to the ATBD on their GSICS website.   CMA   Information  3/31/2018      Ongoing  
A.GDWG.2017.5a.3   Baseline Review   NOAA to inform WMO of the new GSICS website URL: http://gsicswiki.net/wiki/GPRC/   NOAA   Information  12/31/2017  1/10/2018    Closed  
A.GDWG.2017.5a.4   Baseline Review   EUMETSAT to add a link to WMO GSICS Portal on the GSICS logo.   EUMETSAT   Information  4/30/2017  3/21/2018    Closed  
A.GDWG.2017.5a.5   Baseline Review   ISRO to inform WMO of their GSICS website: http://as.mosdac.gic.in:8086/GSICS_ISRO/.   ISRO   Information  3/31/2018  3/21/2018  Masaya informed WMO   Closed  
A.GDWG.2017.5a.6   Baseline Review   JMA to upload their inter-calibration ATBD as document files.   JMA   Information  9/30/2017  12/28/2017    Closed  
A.GDWG.2017.5a.7   Baseline Review   KMA to review NOAA website contents and update website reviewing slides.   KMA   Information  4/30/2017  5/4/2017    Closed  
A.GDWG.2017.5a.8   Baseline Review   Peter Miu to document formats of the GEOLEOIR products (example high level definition of the GIRO I/O [EUM/TSS/TEN/14/753739]).   EUMETSAT   Information  9/30/2017      Open  
A.GDWG.2017.5a.9   Baseline Review   Peter Miu to contact Unidata to see if branches can indicate data is available, hyperlink to logo and home at top of screen.   EUMETSAT   Information  4/30/2017      Open  
A.GDWG.2017.5b.1   GSICS Documentation   GDWG co-chair to create a list of GSICS relevant documentation on the Wiki.   EUM/JMA   Information  4/30/2017  3/21/2018  Please refer to GSICS Documentation Plan (GSICS-RD000)   Closed  
A.GDWG.2017.5b.2   GSICS Documentation   GDWG co-chair to propose EP and WMO to create a repository on the WMO PAG and put a link to GSICS Product Catalog.   EUM/JMA   Specification  6/30/2017  6/8/2017  Proposed at GSICS-EP-18   Closed  
A.GDWG.2017.5c.1   GSICS Collaboration GSICS servers   NOAA to confirm whether their THREDDS configuration follows the latest one which was proposed by EUMETSAT.   NOAA   Analysis  12/31/2017      Open  
A.GDWG.2017.5d.1   GSICS Collaboration Servers Synchronisation   CMA to upload the product downloading script to Wiki for review.   CMA   Tech Support  3/31/2017  3/23/2017  Done at 2017 GRWG/GDWG Annual Meeting   Closed  
A.GDWG.2017.5d.2   GSICS Collaboration Servers Synchronisation   Once CMA downloading script is reviewed, CMA and EUMETSAT to use the script to do synchronisation, and report to GDWG and EP.   CMA/EUM   Implementation  5/31/2017  3/22/2018  Reported at agenda#5d in 2018 GRWG/GDWG Annual Meeting   Closed  
A.GDWG.2017.5d.3   GSICS Collaboration Servers Synchronisation   CMA to investigate the timeliness of the product replication by checking for an update, before calling the replication script (EUMETSAT to support).   CMA   Analysis  12/31/2017      Open  
A.GDWG.2017.5d.4   GSICS Collaboration Servers Synchronisation   JMA to provide user requirement to CMA for the NetCDF Format Checking Tool.   JMA   Specification  6/30/2017  3/21/2018  This tool is not required as it is the responsibility of the product producers to ensure their results in the products are within the expected range. Format cecking can be done using existing tools available to GSICS members.   Closed  
A.GDWG.2017.5d.5   GSICS Collaboration Servers Synchronisation   CMA to develop the NetCDF Format Checking tool based on the requirements.   CMA   Tech Support  3/31/2018  3/21/2018  No longer required, see A.GDWG.2017.5d.4   Closed  
A.GDWG.2017.5e.1   Spectral Response Function file towards "GSICS Standard netCDF"   JMA to update Wiki with a proposal of NetCDF SRF, including a new international data category in Data Designators category.   JMA   Specification  4/30/2017      Open  
A.GDWG.2017.5e.2   Spectral Response Function file towards "GSICS Standard netCDF"   Simon Elliott to request these new designators e.g. “SRF” to be included in the WMO Common Table C-13. VISIR is optional and does not be included in the code.   EUMETSAT   Information  5/31/2017      Open  
A.GDWG.2017.5e.3   Spectral Response Function file towards "GSICS Standard netCDF"   JMA to produce a prototype of the new NetCDF SRF for review by the GDWG; a template and an instance of the template with data.   JMA   Specification  6/30/2017      Open  
A.GDWG.2017.5f.1   Microwave Product and Reference records   GDWG(Manik) to support the testing of why some KMA products are size 0 bytes. He can offer a FTP account from university and/or NOAA servers.   NOAA   Specification  3/31/2018  3/21/2018  MW products are not planned at present   Closed  
A.GDWG.2017.5g.2   Microwave Product and Reference records   GDWG co-chairs to attend MW sub-group web meeting.   EUM/JMA   Information  12/31/2017  6/22/2017    Closed  
A.GDWG.2017.5i.1   Use of GitHub for GSICS developments   KMA to set up a GitHub project for GDWG activities and document how this is done such that another GPRC can take over the administration of the GitHub project.   KMA   Tech Support  12/31/2017  43047  Reported at GDWG web meeting in Nov 2017   Closed  
A.GDWG.2017.5i.2   Use of GitHub for GSICS developments   EUMETSAT will upload the plotting tool codes to the GitHub for collaboration once KMA sets up the GDWG GitHub project.   EUMETSAT   Tech Support  3/31/2018  42894  Pablo Benedicto provided the codes   Closed  
A.GDWG.2017.6a.1   Event logging   GDWG members to consider to add “Calibration related documents” on their landing pages.   EUMETSAT   Implementation  12/31/2017      Ongoing  
A.GDWG.2017.6b.2   Event logging   Rob is invited to provide the paper to the GDWG members. GDWG members shall review the paper by 14 April 2017, and provide input to paper. After this date, the paper is endorsed by the GDWG.   EUMETSAT   Configuration  4/14/2017  4/14/2017    Closed  
A.GDWG.2017.6d.1   Revisit of GDWG ToR   GDWG chair to revise GDWG ToR and circulate that to GDWG members for reviewing.   EUM/JMA   Configuration  4/30/2017  6/8/2017  Reported at GSICS-EP-18   Closed  
A.GDWG.20171108.1   http://gsics.atmos.umd.edu/bin/view/Development/20171108   Manik Bali (NOAA) to provide script that can check uptime of THREDDS servers and product updates on the THREDDS servers that are shared via the collaboration server.   NOAA   Tech Support  3/1/2018      Open  
A.GDWG.20171108.2   http://gsics.atmos.umd.edu/bin/view/Development/20171108   Manik Bali (NOAA) to integrate GSICS actions from all meetings into one spreadsheet to avoid having to search multiple documents for the outcomes previous meetings.   NOAA   Implementation  3/1/2018  3/21/2018  Reported at 2018 Annual Meeting   Closed  
A.GDWG.20171108.3   http://gsics.atmos.umd.edu/bin/view/Development/20171108   Rob Roebeling (EUMETSAT) to update the URLs of all the instrument event logging pages and each agency to confirm the URLs.   EUMETSAT   Information  3/1/2018      Ongoing  
A.GCC.2017.2j.1     GCC and KMA to check the status of KMA’s products in the GPPA.       3/1/2018    KMA product accepted   Closed  
A.GCC.2017.3a.2     GCC to organise a web meeting before the User’s workshop.       3/1/2018    GSICS Session organized in VVO   Closed  
A.GCC.2017.3a.3     Each agency should indicate who should represent the users on their side. Manik to coordinate.       3/1/2018      Closed  
A.GCC.2017.6b.1     GCC to update the action tracking page in response to GRWG/GDWG proposal.       3/1/2018    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hez0yiluH6b-aJUoPxJiM9QRVYqktX-GUO2MfA08Nzo/edit   Closed  
A.GCC.2017.6c.1     GCC to survey from the GSICS users (e.g. during the GSICS User’s Workshop), which netCDF models they are using; classic or enhanced. If enhanced, what features they are using in this model; chunking, …?       3/1/2018      Open  
A.GCC.2017.9f.1     GCC to coordinate provision of GSICS Corrected test data from the 0.6µm and 11µm channels of all available GEO imagers during Dec 2009 to Ken Knapp to assess the impact of the corrections on ISCCP products.       3/1/2018    mails sent. Response awaited//Need Discussions   Open  
A.GCC.2017.9g.1     GCC to get the names of POC of agencies for pre-launch characterization workshop. In touch with CEOS.       3/1/2018      Open  
A.GCC.2017.9i.1     GCC to follow up with Andy Heidinger and Tim Hewison on to send a GSICS Rep to ITOVS and Users NWP Meetings, Cloud Working Group CGMS working groups.       3/1/2018    Cheng-Zhi Ex Chair MW attending ITOVS. Will hold a parallel session on GSICS   Closed  
A.GCC.2017.9k.1     GCC to coordinate a preparatory web meeting on clarreo and send out invitations to members to attend the webmeeting.       3/1/2018    Working closely with Kim,Tim and Scott   Closed  
R.GCC.2017.2b.1     GCC to check with NOAA the status of the IR code . GCC to follow up with IMD.       3/1/2018      Open  
A.GMW.2017.6b.1   ATMS on JPSS-1   Priovide an update on the status after launch (currently Sept 2017)   Ed Kim   Information  12/1/2017  1/12/2018  Information   CLOSED  
A.GMW.2017.6c.1   Microwave imager CDR   Determine feasibility of extracting the inter-calibration algorithms and coefficients from the FCDR and making them a GSICS product.   Karsten Fennig   Analysis  3/1/2018  3/1/2018  (see A.GMW.20170725.2)   CLOSED  
A.GMW.2017.6d.1   Microwave sounder CDR   Determine feasibility of extracting the inter-calibration algorithms and coefficients from the FCDR and making them a GSICS product.   Cheng-Zhi Zou   Analysis  3/1/2018  3/1/2018  (see A.GMW.20170725.2)   CLOSED  
A.GMW.2017.6f.1   MW Sensor inventory   MW Subgroup chair to develop candidate satellite/sensor (inventory), perhaps in the form of a graphical aid, as in orbit references for specific channels (based on some predetermined set of parameters that Manik has outlined...) and note pros and cons, other attributes (publications, etc.)? It should include timelines of sensors and overlap periods.   Jun Park   Information  3/1/2018  3/1/2018  Information   CLOSED  
A.GMW.2017.6f.2   GRUAN Study   Tony Reale (NOAA) to provide a draft uncertainty analysis describing the comparison of example (microwave) instruments to GRUAN sondes.   Tony Reale   Analysis  3/1/2018      Open  
A.GMW.2017.6g.1   MW RTM comparison   MW co-chair to develop set of specific tasks to be performed by the Subgroup to intercompare RTM output over static references and surface models. Tasks to be identified within 6 months (Sep. 2017).   Isaac Moradi   Information  8/1/2018      Open  
A.GMW.2017.5g.1   MW Naming Convention/Metadata   MW subgroup would contact NOAA GDWG to get support for product creation if needed.   Ralph Ferraro   Tech Support  3/1/2018      Open  
R.GMW.2017.6a.1   MW Lunar Calibration   Get an update from Martin in approx. 6 months.   Martin Burgdorf   Information  9/30/2017  10/12/2017  Information   CLOSED  
R.GMW.2017.6e.1   NIST calibration reference   Get an update from Derek in approx. 6 months.   Derek Houtz   Information  9/30/2017  1/12/2018  Information   CLOSED  
A.GMW.20170725.1   http://gsics.atmos.umd.edu/bin/view/Development/20170725   Reformulate the MW Questionnaire and distribute to a broader user base, including all GSICS members. Ralph and Manik will draft the next set of questions and distribute to this group for commenting   Ralph Ferraro and Manik Bali   Analysis  3/1/2018  3/1/2018  /No longer relevant   CLOSED  
A.GMW.20170725.2   http://gsics.atmos.umd.edu/bin/view/Development/20170725   Can we define short-term and long-term goals? Short term would be what we could accomplish within the next year - seems like "best practices" might be something to strongly consider. Cheng-Zhi and Karsten to think more closely about their products/practices and define some starting points.       3/1/2018      Open  
A.GMW.20170725.3   http://gsics.atmos.umd.edu/bin/view/Development/20170725   Group to meet again in September time-frame (but prior to next full MW subgroup meeting so we can present out findings) Ralph will organize this.       3/1/2018  3/1/2018    CLOSED  
D.GWG.2017.3n.1     NWP+RTM approach will not be pursued within the IR Sub-Group at this time. Instrument operators are encouraged to work together with NWP centres to understand their biases, but there remain many obstacles to achieving absolute agreement between NWP/RTM double differences with other inter-calibration methods due to incomplete cancellation of model biases - especially for window channels.   Andy Heidinger (NOAA)     3/1/2018      Open  
D.GWG.2017.9a.1     GSICS member agencies generating RACs are required to regenerate them for the entire record of each monitored instrument in event of a major version change in the processing algorithm.   Bertrand Fougnie (CNES)     3/1/2018      Open  
D.GWG.2017.9c.1     Actions are opened by chairs (including meetings). Actions can only be closed by groups/subgroups chairs.   Denis Jouglet (CNES)     3/1/2018      Open  
R.GWG.2017.3m.1     Recommendation from Data Management (P. Miu) - decisions taken on combining/including corrections within level 1 files should a) make use of the data easier for users and b) reduce maintenance activities as far as possible.   Existing action - no new one needed?     3/27/2018      Open  
A.GWG.2017.2i.2     EUMETSAT (P. Miu) to investigate hosting ISRO GSICS products on the EUMETSAT GSICS collaboration server.   GRWG Chair     3/21/2018      Open  
A.GWG.2017.2i.3     NASA to support IMD with MODIS data. - Existing action - no new one needed?   GRWG Chair     3/1/2018      Open  
A.GWG.2017.2k.1     EUM to provide the degradation model for GOME-2 to NASA (Dave Doelling).   Manik Bali (NOAA)     3/1/2018      Open  
A.GWG.2017.3a.1     CMA(Scott) to confirm whether CMA can register for the new messaging service from China.   Peter Miu (EUMETSAT)     3/1/2018      Open  
A.GWG.2017.3c.1     GRWG Chair to check with EP if the ToR could be changed to address GRWG_15.1 (G.2/A43.16).   Peter Miu (EUMETSAT)     3/1/2018      Open  
A.GWG.2017.3o.1     Rob (EUMETSAT) to report back at the next annual meeting on the investigation to do an homogenisation in the radiance space (instead of in the spectral space with the SRFs).   Rob Roebeling (EUMETSAT)     3/1/2018      Open  
A.GWG.2017.2k.1     EUM to provide the degradation model for GOME-2 to NASA (Dave Doelling).   Rose Munro (EUMETSAT)     3/1/2018  4/12/2016  Already provided by ftp   Closed  
A.GWG.2017.3a.1     CMA(Scott) to confirm whether CMA can register for the new messaging service from China.   Scott Hu (CMA)     3/1/2018      Open  
R.GWG.2017.2g.1     GSICS shall provide recommendations on the naming of the corrections to separate calibration correction from system correction, following the results of the discussion raised by Bertrand and agreed.       3/1/2018      Open  
R.GWG.2017.2h.1     EUMETSAT and IMD to interact for comparisons between Meteosat-8 and INSAT-3D/3DR.       3/1/2018      Open  
R.GWG.2017.3m.1     Recommendation from Data Management (Pete M.) - decisions taken on combining/including corrections within level 1 files should a) make use of the data easier for users and b) reduce maintenance activities as far as possible.       3/1/2018      Open  
D.GWG.2017.3n.1     NWP+RTM approach will not be pursued within the IR Sub-Group at this time. Instrument operators are encouraged to work together with NWP centres to understand their biases, but there remain many obstacles to achieving absolute agreement between NWP/RTM double differences with other inter-calibration methods due to incomplete cancellation of model biases - especially for window channels.       3/1/2018      Open  
D.GWG.2017.9a.1     GSICS member agencies generating RACs are required to regenerate them for the entire record of each monitored instrument in event of a major version change in the processing algorithm.       3/1/2018      Open  
 
Action Id Item Summary Lead What to Do Expected Completion Actual Completion Deliverable Usage Status
GWG.2016.2b.1   web meeting   to set up GRWG/GDWG web meeting on instrument performance monitorin   GCC   Configuration  2017-annual meeting  TEMP   Offerred to make a presentation at the Annual Meeting   Closed  
GRWG.2016.2d.1     Tim & Dohyeong to review outstanding actions on Tim Hewison and decide which to transfer to GRWG Chair.   Dohyeong, Tim   Analysis  2017-annual meeting      Pending  
GRWG.2016.2j.1     Tim to share housekeeping link for IASI monitoring   EUM(Tim)   Information  2017-annual meeting  Closed by email 2017-02-16  EPS Product Quality Monitoring Reports   Closed  
GRWG.2016.2k.1     CMA to report at the 2017 annual meeting about the comparison in the RSB of the various instruments.   CMA   Analysis  2017-annual meeting      Pending  
GWG.2016.2m.1     GCC to contact IMD and coordinate interactions re: sharing and implementing GEO-LEO code.   GCC   Information  2017-annual meeting    IMD does not need   Closed  
GVNIR.2016.2n.1   GSICS products with INSAT-3D   Dave to provide MODIS data to ISRO to perform inter-calibration using DCC.   NASA(Dave)   Information  2017-annual meeting      Pending  
GWG.2016.2t.1   Naming convention of GSICS products   GCC (Manik to coordinate) to develop a prototype template for product landing pages to be linked to the GSICS product catalog.   GCC(Manik)     2017-annual meeting    Prototype pages template setup for VIS/NIR setup. This can be used by other groups too   Closed  
GWG.2016.2u.1   GSICS Procedure for Product Acceptance   GCC to coordinate input from product creators/developers to identify the family of monitored and reference instruments their product is applicable to.   GCC     2017-annual meeting    Decision whether family or not could be made at the time of GPPA. Decision uploaded on GPPA page. EP to approve.   Closed  
GIR.2016.3c.1   GEO-Ring dataset analysis   Rob to consider including an analysis of GEO-ring bias monitoring statistics provided by ECMWF as part of IOGEO.   EUM(Rob)   Analysis  2017-annual meeting    Not possible in 2017.   Pending  
GIR.2016.3c.2   GEO-Ring dataset analysis   EUMETSAT to coordinate input for GEO-ring test dataset from all geostationary satellite operators   EUM(Rob)     9/1/2016    Ftp structure setup. Met-7 & -9 recal data available - can upload (incl link to GSICS corrections).   Pending  
GIR.2016.3e.1   Selecting GSICS References: IR, VIS and MW(revising terminology)   Tim Hewison to consider revising terminology used in the current "Primary GSICS Corrections", during demonstration phase.   EUM(Tim)   Configuration  2017-annual meeting  In revised GPPA submission 2017-05-23  Primary GSICS Corrections now defined wrt "Anchor References".   Closed  
GIR.2016.3n.1   Handling Diurnal Cycle in GEO-LEO IR   Fred to report at next meeting on cooperation with KMA on black body calibration correction.   NOAA(Fred)   Analysis  2017-annual meeting      Pending  
GIR.2016.3o.1   v2 of GEO-LEO IR - alternative ATBDs(cold end corrections effect)   Arata to check how the cold end corrections are behaving using AIRS.   JMA(Arata)   Analysis  2017-annual meeting  Presented at 2017 meeting    Closed  
GIR.2016.3o.2   v2 of GEO-LEO IR - alternative ATBDs (regression model and correction)   Arata to use the various regression methods for both radiance and brightness temperatures and process the corrections as derived from AIRS and report back.   JMA(Arata)   Analysis  2017-annual meeting  2018-annual meeting  Arata's successor will take over.   Pending  
GIR.2016.3p.1   Hyperspectral IR comparisons - including TANSO-FTS/2 - 17:05   Rose to communicate the constraints for Metop-A end-of-life activities. Can we accommodate additional manoeuvres?   EUM(Rose)     2017-annual meeting  2017 EUMETSAT Agency Report  Update on Metop-A End of Life included in Agency Report   Closed  
GIR.2016.3p.2   Hyperspectral IR comparisons - including TANSO-FTS/2 - 17:05   CrIS team (POC: Likun) to work on the inter-comparison between CrIS and TANSO-FTS and report back to GRWG.   CrIS team(Likun)   Analysis  2017-annual meeting      Pending  
GIR.2016.3p.3   Hyperspectral IR comparisons - including TANSO-FTS/2 - 17:05   EUM + CNES (POC: Denis Jouglet (CNES) and Dorothee Coppens (EUM)) to work on the inter-comparison between CrIS and TANSO-FTS.   EUM(Dorothee), CNES(Denis)   Analysis  2017-annual meeting    Delayed at EUM until later in 2017   Pending  
GIR.2016.3p.5   Hyperspectral IR comparisons - including TANSO-FTS/2 - 17:05   JAXA to provide info about TANSO FTS sampling (POC: Kei Shiomi)   JAXA(Kei)   Information  2017-annual meeting      Closed  
GIR.2016.3q.1   IR Reference Sensor Traceability and Uncertainty(monitoring CrIS, IASI)   Likun Wang to coordinate a team to continue to monitor CrIS, IASI and AIRS and report to GSICS.   NOAA(Likun)   Configuration  2017-annual meeting      Pending  
GIR.2016.3r.1   SRF Retrievals   Manik to circulate draft manuscript on SRF retrieval method   NOAA(Manik)   Information  2017-annual meeting      Pending  
GRWG.2016.3s.1   CLARREO preparations   Dave Tobin to repeat inter-calibration uncertainty analysis for CLARREO PATHFINDER on ISS and report.   CLARREO group (Dave Tobin)   Analysis  2017-annual meeting    Dave published a paper on this, which will be presented at 2017 meeting.   Closed  
GRWG.2016.3s.2   CLARREO preparations   GRWG Chair to check the interest and availability of key representatives for a workshop on hyperspectral instruments as inter-calibration references.   GRWG Chair   Configuration  2017-annual meeting      Pending  
GVNIR.2016.4a.1   lunar calibration and Earth View discrepancy   Aisheng and Tom to interact in order to investigate the discrepancy between the lunar calibration results and the Earth View results on both Terra and Aqua MODIS.   NASA(Aisheng), USGS(Tom)     2017-annual meeting      Closed  
GVNIR.2016.4a.2   MODIS calibration   Tom Stone to contact NASA (POC: Jim Butler) about the possibility of extending the USGS analysis of MODIS lunar observation data to study the divergence of sensor responses exhibited by lunar and solar diffuser/vicarious calibration techniques.   USGS(Tom)     2017-annual meeting      Pending  
GVNIR.2016.4d.1   ROLO developments & schedule   GSICS/WMO to provide a support letter for the ARCSTONE mission.   GSICS/WMO     2017-annual meeting  No longer needed    Closed  
GVNIR.2016.4f.1   Status of GIRO policy, infrastructure & inter-cal study   Seb to verify that the policy reflects the needs of an Agency implementing a modification to the GIRO to ensure it is assessed against the benchmark.   EUM(Seb)     2017-annual meeting  Closed at EP-16 on 2016-05-15  Policy now states that modifications need to be traceable and new versions will be tested against benchmark.   Closed  
GVNIR.2016.4h.1   Lunar surface target selections & auto-mapping   Bertrand to investigate if this is possible for CNES to provide NOAA with Pleiades Moon data in order to support the characterization of uniform target sites.   CNES(Bertrand)     2017-annual meeting      Pending  
GVNIR.2016.4h.2   Lunar surface target selections & auto-mapping   NOAA and EUMETSAT to liaise for comparison with time series of MSG full disk Moon irradiance measurements over same time period. NOAA to report back in one year time.   NOAA, EUM     2017-annual meeting      Pending  
GVNIR.2016.4n.1   Progress toward DCC Demo product   Dave will work with KMA to implement the GSICS DCC process to promote KMA to demonstration product.   NASA(Dave)   Analysis  2017-annual meeting      Pending  
GVNIR.2016.4o.1   Progress toward DCC Demo product   Dave to provide information on Aqua MODIS for GOES instruments.   NASA(Dave)   Information  2017-annual meeting      Pending  
GVNIR.2016.4p.1   Discussion Outstanding issues on DCC algorithm, Demo products & GPPA, Journal article   Dave to coordinate the writing of a paper on the GSICS DCC GEO-LEO algorithm.   NASA(Dave)     2017-annual meeting      Pending  
GWG.2016.7b.1   Strawman User Requirements document   GCC to coordinate input from GPRCs to attempt to identify at least one user for NRT, RAC and climate applications and interact with users to establish draft user requirements. (note: this will provide input to Action EP_GRWG_16.10).   GCC     2017-annual meeting    Agencies have indicated that not many users of GSICS Products   Closed  
GIR.2016.7b.2   Strawman User Requirements’ document   Tim Hewison to resolve use of GSICS products for Meteosat IR with FIDUCEO.   EUM(Tim)     2017-annual meeting    FIDUCEO are using some GSICS methods to derive calibration coefficients for Meteosat. No further action reqrd.   Closed  
GVNIR.2016.7d.2   GRWG Summary and Agree Actions   NASA(Dave) to work with KMA for KMA to enter DCC demo-phase.   NASA(Dave)     2017-annual meeting      Pending  
GVNIR.2016.7d.1   GRWG Summary and Agree Actions   Dave to contact IVOS Chair and ACC to coordinate a recommended update to reference solar spectrum to convert from radiance to reflectance by setting up web meeting.   NASA(Dave)     2017-annual meeting    Web meetings in 2016/7   Closed  
GRWG.2016.7f.1   Workshop on best practices on pre-flight and onboard calibration   Tim/Rob (EUM) to forward draft requirements for pre-launch characterisation to WMO.   EUM(Tim/Rob)   Information  2017-annual meeting  Closed by email 2016-04-19  Draft GSICS Technical Note   Closed  
GVNIR.2016.7h.1   Interaction & 2016 Users Workshop   Seb to provide supporting slides to Dave Doelling as chair of the VIR/NIR sub-group to be presented at the Users' WS (upon availability of the feedback from Marine Application).   EUM(Seb)   Information  2017-annual meeting  Closed by email 2016-08-11  Presented at User Workshop   Closed  
GWG.2016.7h.2   Interaction & 2016 Users Workshop   Larry to coordinate with the JPSS meeting organisers to organise a dedicated time-slot for the GSICS Users' WS optimising attendance and promote through meeting agenda.   GCC(Larry)           Closed  
GWG.2016.7h.3   Interaction & 2016 Users Workshop   GCC to check the possibility to have remote access through WebEx   GCC           Closed  
GVNIR.2016.7i.1   Topics & Chairing next Web Meetings   Dave to contact Nigel about joint web meeting.   NASA(Dave)   Contact  2017-annual meeting      Closed  
GVNIR.2016.7i.2   Topics & Chairing next Web Meetings   Seb to rescope the web meeting on lunar calibration.   EUM(Seb)     2017-annual meeting  Closed by web meeting 2017-08-30  Meeting Page   Closed  
GIR.2016.7i.3   Topics & Chairing next Web Meetings   Tim to contact Sasha regarding the opportunities using NWP bias monitoring statistics.   EUM(Tim)   Contact  2017-annual meeting  Closed by email 2017-01-17  The MICROS team do not have the resources to support this at present.   Closed  
GWG.2016.7i.4   Topics & Chairing next Web Meetings   GCC to add a webex meeting for a user feedback (? probably not needed). Or organise one on changing reference and ensure traceability (to be organised by Dave) .   GCC   Configuration  2017-annual meeting      Pending  
GVNIR.2016.7j.5   Date & Place of Next WG Meetings   Dave to provide EUMETSAT with VIIRS data to generate inter-calibration of all SEVIRI warm channels using the DCC method.   NASA(Dave)     2017-annual meeting  Closed by email 2016-09-13    Closed  
GVNIR.2016.7j.6   Date & Place of Next WG Meetings   Dave to organise a web meeting about the publication on DCCs.   NASA(Dave)     2017-annual meeting      Pending  
GDWG.2016.7j.1   Date & Place of Next WG Meetings   Peter to set-up a template for the agency report, which would help focusing on GSICS activities.   EUM(Peter)   Configuration  2017-annual meeting  Closed by email 2017-02-14 here  Template   Closed  
GWG.2016.7j.2   Date & Place of Next WG Meetings   GCC (Larry) to contact NIST to organise the next GRWG/GDWG annual meeting.   GCC(Larry)     2017-annual meeting      Closed  
GWG.2016.7j.3   Date & Place of Next WG Meetings   Dave to contact D. Tobin (CLARREO group) to check the possibility to organise the meeting in NOAA, Madison.   NASA(Dave)     2017-annual meeting  closed 2016-03-08    Closed  
GIR.20160908.1   Reference Instrument Traceability Report   Denis Jouglet (CNES) to apply spectral averaging method to calculate static weightings for generating 10cm-1 pseudo channels for AIRS-IASI comparison over 3 year period (2013-03-01/2016-03-01) - and consider application for CrIS -IASI comparisons.   CNES(Denis)     2017-annual meeting      Pending  
GIR.20160908.2   Reference Instrument Traceability Report   Dorothee Coppens (EUMETSAT) to look at impact of CrIS responsivity changes related to apodisation.   EUM(Dorothee)     2017-annual meeting      Pending  
GIR.20160908.3   Reference Instrument Traceability Report   Dave Tobin (SSEC) to regenerate comparison results in 10K bins over 3 year period (2013-03-01/2016-03-01), describe method and share raw SNO results.   NOAA(Dave)     2017-annual meeting      Pending  
GIR.20160908.4   Reference Instrument Traceability Report   Tim Hewison (EUMETSAT) to regenerate comparison results in 10K bins and redo double-difference analysis, expressing results in BT, radiance and % radiance.   EUM(Tim)     2017-annual meeting  Closed 2017-03-15  Spreadsheet   Closed  
GVNIR.20161206.1   Planning 2017 Lunar Calibration Workshop   Jason Choi (NOAA) to coordinate with NASA (Zhipeng Wang) to compare the VIIRS lunar results analysed by both teams.   NOAA(Jason)     2017-annual meeting      Pending  
GVNIR.20161206.2   Planning 2017 Lunar Calibration Workshop   Sebastien Wagner (EUMETSAT) to set up a Doodle poll to establish whether the proposed location would introduce any difficulties to attendees.   EUM(Seb)     2017-annual meeting  Closed by email 2016-12-22    Closed  
GVNIR.20161206.3   Planning 2017 Lunar Calibration Workshop   Scott Hu (CMA) to invite NIST and NASA ARCSTONE to present their activities.   CMA(Scott)     2017-annual meeting      Pending  
GVNIR.20161206.4   Planning 2017 Lunar Calibration Workshop   Fred Wu (NOAA) to consider coordinating a summary of new space-based Moon observations (since the last workshop).   NOAA(Fred)     2017-annual meeting      Pending  
GVNIR.20161206.5   Planning 2017 Lunar Calibration Workshop   Scott Hu (CMA) to invite national metrology agencies to describe characterisation of instrumentation and its traceability to SI-standards (certification).   CMA(Scott)     2017-annual meeting      Pending  
GVNIR.20161206.6   Planning 2017 Lunar Calibration Workshop   Sebastien Wagner (EUMETSAT) to contact Jack Xiong (NASA) to discuss about the characterisation of cross-talk using lunar observations.   EUM(Seb)     2017-annual meeting  Closed at bilateral meeting 2017-03-02  Jack to give presentation at 2017 LCW   Closed  
GVNIR.20161206.7   Planning 2017 Lunar Calibration Workshop   Sebastien Wagner (EUMETSAT) to set up a Doodle poll to allow potential participants to indicate their interest in different topics.   EUM(Seb)     2017-annual meeting      Pending  
GVNIR.20161206.8   Planning 2017 Lunar Calibration Workshop   Session chairs (Scott Hu, Tom Stone, Sebastien Wagner, Fred Wu) to coordinate speakers for each topic.   EUM(Seb), NOAA(Fred), USGS(Tom), CMA(Scott)     2017-annual meeting      Pending  
 
Agenda Id Item Summary Lead What to Do Expected Completion Actual Completion Deliverable Usage Status
1k   Himawari-8 Ocean Color and Aerosol   JAXA to continue to collaborate with JMA to define requirements for GSICS Corrections for AHI ocean colour and aerosol products.   JAXA     2017-annual meeting       
1l   Impact of GSICS Correction on Himawari-8 SST   GSICS IR sub-group to develop LEO-LEO GSICS corrections.   GSICS IR group     2017-annual meeting       
1t   Intercalibration on the FY3/MWRI   CMA to consider using the SSMIS CDR at Colorado State University that is available and that would be of better quality in their analysis of MWRI data.   CMA     2017-annual meeting       
2c   GDWG report   GDWG to provide guidance for code sharing in order to avoid problem with licensing (TBConfirmed)              
2j   Metop-A maneuver as part of End of Life planning   EUM to consider pitch-over maneuver of Metop-A as part of End of Life planning, to characterise instruments space views and scan angle dependences, and introducing a precessionary orbit to allow the instruments to sample more of the diurnal cycle. (Post-meeting note: This was raised at the EUMETSAT STG-SWG meeting, where EUMETSAT were requested to consider this, but noted that it is only possible to drift the orbit slowly, given fuel constraints.)   EUM     2017-annual meeting       
2j   Lunar Observation   CMA to consider coordinating Simultaneous Lunar Observations from ground-based sensors to coincide with satellite observations.   CMA     2017-annual meeting       
2o   non-linearity in the COMS WV channel   KMA to investigate effects of the non-linearities in the COMS WV channel.   KMA   Analysis  2017-annual meeting       
2u   GSICS Procedure for Product Acceptance   the product generator applying the same algo to different instruments should be able to move directly to pre-operational mode subject to reviewing the uncertainty analysis.       2017-annual meeting       
3d   NASA SBAF Tool - including hyperspectral deserts   WMO to draft a letter to recommend EUM to shift UVNS FOV southwards at winter time to support GSICS activities (SBAF, desert site characterisation).   WMO     2017-annual meeting       
3h   Plans for AVHRR inter-calibration   EUMETSAT to liaise with SCIAMACHY team to investigate difference between the 2 instruments (GOME-2 and SCIAMACHY) using SNOs.   EUM   contact  2017-annual meeting       
3j   GEO-LEO IR Progress at ISRO   ISRO to contact Peter Miu to set up a standing order + submit user request through the EUM helpdesk.   ISRO   contact  2017-annual meeting       
3k   GEO-LEO IR Progress at JMA   NOAA-JMA to corporate to resolve GEO-LEO IR scan dependency.   NOAA, JMA     2017-annual meeting       
3k   AHI's diurnal variation   JMA to share their analysis of AHIs diurnal variation during commissioning phase to GSICS user workshop.   JMA   Information  2017-annual meeting       
3l   GEO-LEO IR Progress at KMA   KMA to assess uncertainties in double differences between COMS-1/MI and IASI-A and -B (e.g. as standard error)   KMA   Analysis  2017-annual meeting       
3p   Hyperspectral IR comparisions   Although there were different opinions, representing different users interested, the majority of participants favoured the opinion that there is not really a benefit in changing IASI-A as it is reaching its end of life. Instead, IASI-B should be updated asap to take advantage of the overlap to check the impact and improve IASI-B till its end-of-life, noting that the overlap is crucial to characterise the impact of the change. Of course, changes should be applied to IASI-C.       2017-annual meeting       
3q   IR Reference Sensor Traceability and Uncertainty   Define common spectral (boxcar) regions for comparisons.       2017-annual meeting       
3q   IR Reference Sensor Traceability and Uncertainty   Member of AIRS team to be involved in monitoring differences wrt IASI and CrIS.   AIRS team     2017-annual meeting       
3r   SRF Retrievals   Manik to apply SRF retrieval to CO2 or water vapour channels   NOAA(Manik)     2017-annual meeting       
3r   SRF Retrievals   Manik to check how many singular vectors are greater than 1 in SRF retrieval.   NOAA(Manik)     2017-annual meeting       
3r   SRF Retrievals   Manik to evaluate uncertainties on the SRF retrieval.   NOAA(Manik)     2017-annual meeting       
3t   Development of LEO-LEO IR Products   NASA is encouraged to follow the approach adopted for the GEO-LEO IR to derive GSICS products.   NASA     2017-annual meeting       
3t   calibration of MODIS and VIIRS cold-end   NASA to investigate the relative calibration of MODIS and VIIRS cold-end.   NASA     2017-annual meeting       
4b   VIIRS calibration summary presentation   Users should avoid the first year of data from of S-NPP/VIIRS       2017-annual meeting       
4d   ROLO developments & schedule   JMA and USGS to work together on AHI data in support of ROLO development.   JMA, USGS     2017-annual meeting       
4e   Application of GIRO to NIR bands   JMA is strongly encouraged to keep shared their data with the lunar calibration community as those data would greatly help in characterising phase dependency spectrally. It would help the community to achieve intercalibration for sensors with similar bands.   JMA     2017-annual meeting       
4g   Discussion - Way forward on lunar inter-calibration   CNES and EUM to resolve any differences in formulation of presented lunar inter-calibration approaches??   CNES, EUM     2017-annual meeting       
4h   Lunar surface target selections & auto-mapping   NOAA to interact with JMA to understand the root cause of the differences between analyses (in particular wrt deep space counts).   NOAA     2017-annual meeting       
7e   GDWG summary and Agree Actions   GSICS decisions should be represented to EP for information or endorsement if needed. AND DOCUMENTED.              
 
Agenda ID Item Summary Lead What to Do Expected Completion Actual Completion Deliverable Usage Status
2s   Defining GSICS Products, Deliverables, Maturity   Static instrument information should be provided on Instrument Information landing pages, linked from OSCAR. GSICS should focus on provided updates on dynamic aspects of performance.              
3c   Discussion: GEO-Ring dataset analysis   The best full disk coverage within 30 min time difference should be provided for the GEO-ring demonstration dataset              
3c   Discussion: GEO-Ring dataset analysis   The format of the dataset can be defined in a free choice by provider, but preferably netCDF/HDF. Otherwise, a reader should be provided.              
3f   monitoring the double differences between references   It was agreed that there is a need for monitoring the double differences between references instruments during the overlap periods.              
3o   v2 of GEO-LEO IR - alternative ATBDs   JMA should include the functions and coefficients need to convert between digital counts and radiance in the netCDF format of their AHI products.              
7d   GRWG Summary and Agree Actions   GPRCs to decide update frequency for GSICS products, aiming to provide users with most frequent updates with uncertainty meeting their own requirements.              
 
Agenda ID Item Summary Lead What to Do Expected Completion Actual Completion Deliverable Usage Status
GDWG.2016.5a.1   Review Standards   GPRCs to take the presentation review pages as a basis for their updates. KMA to lead this action.   KMA   Configuration  2016-09-30  2016-10-03    closed  
GDWG.2016.5b.1   Review Standards   JMA to include invalid_hours in the agreed conventions once the time format has been checked that it follows ISO 8601 format.   JMA   Information  2016-07-31      pending  
GDWG.2016.5b.2   Review Standards   EUMETSAT to specify when attribute or comments are to be used on the Wiki   EUM   Information  2016-05-31  2017-02-21  NetCDF Conventions Update   closed  
GDWG.2016.5c.1   New GSICS Wiki   NOAA to information groups of the new security of the new server, and the backups.   NOAA   Information  2016-05-31  2016-06-04    closed  
GDWG.2016.5c.2   New GSICS Wiki   NOAA to inform workgroup members a week in advance and to switch to the new server (UMD), and decommission the NOAA server.   NOAA   Information  2016-04-30  2016-06-04    closed  
GDWG.2016.5c.3   New GSICS Wiki   NOAA to check how long the URL of new Wiki would be shown on the current Wiki at NOAA.   NOAA   Information  2016-04-30  2016-06-04    closed  
GDWG.2016.5d.1   Mirroring GSICS Products at NOAA   NOAA to upload their download scripts on wiki for review.   NOAA   Information  2016-04-31  2017-03-15    closed  
GDWG.2016.5d.2   Mirroring GSICS Products at NOAA   CMA to upload their download scripts on Wiki for review.   CMA   Information  2016-04-31  2017-01-20    closed  
GDWG.2016.5d.3   Mirroring GSICS Products at NOAA   NOAA to check if their scripts can be installed and used from the NOAA THREDDS server to mirroring the CMA and EUMETSAT GSICS servers   NOAA   Information  2016-09-30  2017-03-15    closed  
GDWG.2016.5d.4   Mirroring GSICS Products at NOAA   CMA to check if their scripts can be installed and used from the CMA THREDDS server to mirroring the NOAA and EUMETSAT GSICS servers   CMA   Information  2016-09-30      ongoing  
GDWG.2016.5e.1   Collaboration GSICS Servers   GDWG chair (Peter) to present security constraints to EP meeting to get decision if we need GSICS product preservation.  If yes, then they need to support their GDWG work based on the security constraints identified.   GDWG chair - Pete   Information  2016-06-30  2017-02-21  GSICS products are expected to be preserve through several mechanism; backups and ability to regenerate. Synchronisation between the collaboration servers would be ideal but is challenging due to organisational security constraints.   closed  
GDWG.2016.5e.2   Collaboration GSICS Servers   KMA to send their GSICS collocation and products (when available) to the EUMETSAT GSICS server.  This will support the validation of the product using the bias plotting tool.   KMA   Configuration  2016-12-31  2017-02-23    closed  
GDWG.2016.5f.1   Technical aspects of the GIRO work: inputs from GRWG   EUMETSAT to request the GCC to support this activity; webpage content for information and user user support.  Set up of the Wiki for FAQ or similar.   Seb   Configuration  2016-09-30  2017-02-28  EUMETSAT will take care of the distribution   closed  
GDWG.2016.5f.2   Technical aspects of the GIRO work: inputs from GRWG   EUMETSAT to define how to efficiently support the registration and distribution of the GIRO and GLOD deliverables.   EUM   Analysis  2016-09-30  2017-02-21  Access Request   closed  
GDWG.2016.5g.1   Repository for GSICS Work - use of gitHub for codes   GDWG chair (Peter) to update Wiki and seek EP endorsement if needed for using GitHub for collaboration.   GDWG chair - Pete   Information  2016-06-30  2017-02-21  GutHub is required for collaboration development   closed  
GDWG.2016.5g.2   Repository for GSICS Work - use of gitHub for codes   If GDWG.2016.5g.1 is agreed, create GitHub repositories for existing GSICS tools, and provide all contributing member with a user guide on how to support tool development.   GCC   Implementation  2016-09-30  2017-03-22  NOAA: Need permission to open Non-NOAA public acccount on GitHub. It was agreed that KMA will lead this action (new action was assigned in Madison).   closed  
GDWG.2016.5i.1   GDWG ToR   GDWG chair (Peter) to present the action tracking process to the working groups to come to a consensus and seek EP endorsement.   GDWG chair - Pete   Information  2016-06-30  2017-02-21  Action tracking is required and GCC has taken the lead on this.   closed  
GDWG.2016.6a.1   Updating Action Tracking way   Based on user requirements from Tim’s presentation and GDWG members, GCC to investigate how to address these requirement using the Wiki and plug-ins.   GCC   Analysis  2016-07-31  2017-03-15    closed  
GDWG.2016.6b.1   Data versioning updates, Document Management System   GCC to update the Wiki with the proposed GSICS product types for EP endorsement.   GCC   Information  2016-05-31  2017-03-15    closed  
GDWG.2016.6b.2   MW standards   NOAA to update the Wiki with the proposed versioning for the GSICS product types for EP endorsement.   NOAA   Information  2016-05-31  2017-03-15    closed  
GDWG.2016.6b.3   MW standards   GCC to discuss with MW sub group chair on the use of the proposed MW standards, if needed then seek GDWG agreements.   GCC   Information  2016-05-31  2017-03-15    closed  
GDWG.2016.6b.4   GSICS Documents   GDWG chairs to propose on the Wiki where document types are to be located and info the EP.   GDWG chair - Pete   Information  2016-05-31      ongoing  
GDWG.2016.6c.1   Calibration Event Logging   KMA to create landing pages for the COMS satellite for linking to the OSCAR database.  Provide these URLs to Rob Roebeling at EUMETSAT to link to OSCAR   KMA   Information  2016-05-31  2016-05-30    closed  
GDWG.2016.6c.2   Calibration Event Logging   CMA to check the current status of their satellites’ landing pages and provide this to Rob Roebeling at EUMETSAT (for end of May).   CMA   Information  2016-05-31      ongoing  
GDWG.2016.6c.3   Calibration Event Logging   NOAA to investigate a clear policy to provide landing pages in the standardised format as described in this presentation for reference in the OSCAR database.  Note, this is a CGMS action so participanting agency are expected to implement.   NOAA   Information  2016-12-31  2017-03-15  Escalated the matter to NOAA-EP   closed  
GDWG.2016.6c.4   Calibration Event Logging   JMA to provide on Wiki example landing pages; current and past satellites.   JMA   Information  2016-04-30  2016-04-27    closed  
GDWG.2016.6f.1   New GSICS tools   EUMETSAT to provide THREDDS configuration template on Wiki for collaboration servers’ administrator to update their servers.   EUM   Information  2016-05-31  2016-06-24  CMA and NOAA THREDDS Configurations   closed  
GDWG.2016.6g.1   Format for GSICS VIS/NIR products/plotting - Requirements from GRWG   GDWG chair (Masaya) to update wiki with the new product template.   GDWG chair - Masaya   Information  2016-04-30  2016-05-02    closed  
GDWG.2016.6g.2   Format for GSICS VIS/NIR products/plotting - Requirements from GRWG   JMA to investigate the impact enhancement data model, use of grouping (create an example - available in java or other in C/Fortran).  What tools are available to read this?   JMA   Implementation  2016-12-31      pending