STAR JPSS Annual Science Team Meeting
May 12-16, 2014
NOAA Center for Weather and Climate Prediction
5830 University Research Court
College Park, MD 20740
Presentations are posted on the agenda page
You are cordially invited to participate in the 2014 STAR JPSS
Science Team Meeting to be held May 12 - 16th, 2014, in the
Auditorium and Conference Center at the NOAA Center for Weather and
Climate Prediction (NCWCP) in College Park, Maryland.
The theme of this first annual meeting will be "Transitioning to the
JPSS-1 Era". The goals for the meeting are to present the
accomplishments of the STAR JPSS program over the past year, and to
highlight the transitions in algorithms, management, and the algorithm
change process that are planned as we advance towards the launch of
JPSS-1. Through this meeting we plan to accomplish the following
- Review the progress of the STAR JPSS program over the past year and review the plans in the coming year;
- Engage with users and other key external stakeholders such as NASA, OSPO, NDE, GCOM, JPSS Risk Reduction and Proving Ground, the JPSS Ground and Flight Segments, and industry partners.
- Enhance interaction between SDR and EDR teams and facilitate science and technical exchanges among the teams.
- Hold individual meetings with the product application teams and the Algorithm Integration Team (AIT) to review algorithm code development and other activities.
- Hold splinter meetings to develop plans for improved utilization of JPSS products.
- Inform the JPSS Program Office and the STAR Management on the status of the program.
Please pass this invitation to the colleagues that you feel might be
interested in participating. Remote access via webex and conference
call will be available.
STAR JPSS Program Manager
- Monday, May 12:
- Session 1: Opening Session - Welcome, Introductions, and Program Overviews - 1:30-3:00 PM
- Session 2: SDR Team Leads Overviews - 3:00-5:00 PM
- Tuesday, May 13 AM:
- Session 3: EDR Team Leads Overviews - 8:30 AM-12:00 PM
- Tuesday, May 13 PM:
- Poster Session - 12:00-1:30 PM
- Session 4a: VIIRS SDR Breakout - 1:30-5:00 PM
- Session 4b: ATMS/CrIS Breakout - 1:30-5:00 PM
- Session 4c: OMPS Breakout - 1:30-5:00 PM
- Wednesday, May 14 AM:
- Session 4a: VIIRS SDR Breakout continued - 8:30-12:00 PM
- Session 4b: ATMS/CrIS Breakout - 8:30 AM-11:20 AM
- Session 4c: OMPS Breakout - 8:30 AM-12:00 PM
- Wednesday, May 14 PM:
- Session 5a: VIIRS Land EDR Breakout - 1:00-5:30 PM
- Session 5b: VIIRS Atmosphere EDR Breakout - 11:00 AM-5:00 PM
- Session 5c: VIIRS Ocean EDR Breakout - 1:30-5:00 PM
- Session 5d: Soundings EDR Breakout - 11:20 AM-5:10 PM
- Session 5e: Ozone EDR Breakout - 1:30-5:10 PM
- Thursday, May 15 AM:
- Session 6: Non-NOAA Satellite Data - 8:30-10:10 AM
- Session 7: User Breakouts - 10:30AM-2:30 PM
- Thursday, May 15 PM:
- Session 8: Transition to Operations - 2:30-5:00 PM
- Friday, May 16:
- Session 9: Innovative Science and Team Leads Report Back - 8:30 AM-12:30 PM
Review Points of Contact
If you have questions, please contact: