The GSICS Coordination Center (GCC) organizational chart given in the Figure also depicts how GCC fits into the structure of GSICS, which besides the GCC consists of a GSICS Executive Panel, GSICS Processing and Research Centers (GPRCs), and Calibration Support Segments (CSSs). It also consists of a GSICS Research Working Group (GRWG) and a GSICS Data Working Group (GDWG).
The GCC Director reports GCC progress and findings directly to the GSICS Executive Panel, the members of which are appointed by WMO to monitor and evaluate the evolution and operations of GSICS. The GCC Director receives support from the GCC Deputy Director, Product Quality Manager, GSICS Quarterly Editor, Product Baseline Manager, and Web Master. The duties associated with each of these positions includes:
- GCC Director - Reports to Executive Panel regarding GSICS progress and issues. Delegates and coordinates GCC activities between the GCC Deputy Director, Product Quality Manager, GSICS Quarterly Editor, Product Baseline Manager, and Web Master. The Director works with them to resolve GCC task issues;
- GCC Deputy Director - Tracks and updates GSICS progress and product definitions, supports the Director in creating progress reports for the Executive Panel, and works with the GRWG and GDWG Chairs and CSS Leads to coordinate cross cutting activities;
- GCC Product Quality Manager - Develops and revises the GSICS Procedure for Product Acceptance, and coordinates reviews, through the GSICS Product Acceptance Team, of potential GSICS products;
- GSICS Quarterly Editor - Determines contents of, and acquires articles for, the newsletter on a quarterly basis with help from the Asian and European Correspondents. Also, with the help of an Associate Editor, edits articles, creates the newsletter layout, and distributes the final GSICS Quarterly product to an international audience.
- Product Baseline Manager - Manages the GSICS baseline product generation. These products are used as a measure of comparison with official products being generated within GSICS; and
- Web Master - Creates and maintains content within the GCC web site.