JPSS Data Access
The JPSS data product algorithms are in operations through either the Interface Data Processing Segment (IDPS) implemented by Raytheon or through S-NPP Data Exploration (NDE) at Environmental Satellite Processing Center (ESPC). Data available through CLASS (Comprehensive Large Array-data Stewardship System), PDA (Production Distribution and Access), and Direct Readout.
- The majority of JPSS data products are accessible to public users worldwide through the NOAA CLASS system in near real time (3~6 hour delay from the raw data acquisition). A number of legacy products generated since the launch of S-NPP have been replaced by the higher quality NOAA Enterprise products. Here is the list of legacy products and corresponding newer products.
- NESDIS PDA System:
- Enterprise distribution system for real time users
- Supports only secure transfer protocols (SFTP, FTP-S and HTTPS - pull only)
- Highly automated user driven process
- User managed subscriptions, search and tailoring
- User Operational Prioritization - PDA has the ability to shed lower priority users to ensure data continuity is maintained to mission critical users
- Full policy and Data Access Request Form at OSPO
- Direct readout users receive live JPSS data using direct downlink capabilities via Direct Broadcast (DB).
- The Community Satellite Processing Package (CSPP) supports DB users to receive satellite data in real time, and allows creation of Level 1B and higher level products and images in real time.
- JPSS NUPs (NOAA Unique Products) are available from OSPO product web
- Data also available at CLASS FTP site (last 90 days' data): ftp://ftp-jpss.avl.class.noaa.gov
- Data from GEONETCast
- Data from science teams:
- VIIRS Ocean Color MSL12 and VIIRS ACSPO SST (including science quality, reanalyses and L3 products) are available through NOAA CoastWatch