OMPS Ozone EDRs
Team Lead: Lawrence Flynn
Ozone Mapping and Profiler Suite (OMPS)
- Global daily monitoring of the three dimensional distribution of ozone and other atmospheric constituents.
- Continues the heritage NOAA POES SBUV/2, EOS-AURA OMI and SOLSE/LORE records.
The Ozone Nadir Profile is an EDR created from measurements made by the OMPS Nadir Profiler and the OMPS Nadir Mapper sensors.
- NASA developed the Version 8 nadir ozone profile algorithm (V8Pro) ten years ago, which has been in use for the NOAA SBUV/2 program.
- V8Pro was implemented in IDPS Mx8.11.
The Ozone Total Column is defined as the amount of ozone in a vertical column of the atmosphere measured in Dobson Units.
- The Version 8 total ozone algorithm (V8TOz) and Linear Fit SO2 (LFSO2) algorithm were developed by NASA OMI Science Team.
- Versions of the total ozone algorithm have been in use at NOAA for operational processing of SBUV/2 and GOME-2 measurements and for offline processing of the OMPS NM measurements.
- STAR has integrated OMPS NM V8 Total Ozone EDR for S-NPP and NOAA-20 implementation.
Product and Data Access
Products and data:
EDR Long Term-Monitoring
Total Column Ozone (O3, SO2, reflectivity, Absorbing aerosol index)
- V8TOZ (Enterprise/Heritage Algorithm)
- V8TOS (LFSO2)
Nadir Ozone Profile
- V8Pro (Enterprise/Heritage Algorithm)
NCEP/CPC, NCEP/EMC, NRL, International NWP Users, WMO Ozone Assessment